All Certified Surveillance Professionals must meet the criteria for admission to the International Association of Certified Surveillance Professionals. They, must at all times, exemplify the highest moral and ethical standards and must agree to abide by the bylaws of the Association and the Certified Surveillance Professional’s Code of Professional Ethics.
- Certified Surveillance Professional shall, at all times, demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and diligence in the performance of his or her duties.
- Certified Surveillance Professional shall not engage in any illegal or unethical conduct or any activity that would constitute a conflict of interest.
- Certified Surveillance Professional shall, at all times, exhibit the highest level of integrity in the performance of professional assignments and will accept assignments for which there is reasonable expectation that the assignment will be completed with professional competence.
- Certified Surveillance Professional will comply with lawful orders of the courts and will testify to matters truthfully and without bias or prejudice.
- Certified Surveillance Professional, in conducting investigations, will obtain evidence or other documentation to establish a reasonable basis for any opinion rendered. No opinion shall be expressed regarding the guilt or innocence of any person or party.
- Certified Surveillance Professional shall not reveal any confidential information obtained during a professional engagement without proper authorization.
- Certified Surveillance Professional will reveal all material matters discovered during the course of an investigation which, if omitted, could cause a distortion of the facts.
- Certified Surveillance Professional shall continuously strive to increase the competence and effectiveness of professional services performed under his or her direction.